Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My funny boy...


We found this awesome little bell the other day while thrifting, it says "shalom" on the handle...and the boys love to ring it....they run around saying "Shalom! Shalom!" Well other than just making a bunch of noise, we have put it to good use. I have found that they transition from one activity to another alot better if they can be a part of it, here is what I mean. Throughout our day we have lots of little pockets of time, so we have reading time, snack time, tidy up time, cuddle time...and so on...not in a very regimented way at all...just kind of as markers that every body is ready to move on to something else...

They even go and ring the bell on their own...just for fun to let me...and the whole neighbor hood know what they are moving on to. So today during reading time we had this conversation.

Daniel says: Mama, I used to be teeny tiny.

Me: Yup...you were my little tiny baby.

Daniel: Yeah, but now I am not little...I am soooo tall.

Me: Yes, you are very tall.

Daniel: Mama I was in your tummy huh?

Me: Yes you where in there before you were born. Do you remember?

Daniel: Yeah, it was nice...I was like this.( He gets into a fetal position)

Me: Smiling...how do you know...?

Daniel: I remember!

Me: oh...OK. what did you see? What did you hear?

Daniel: I had my eyes closed...But I heard noises...I heard talking.

Me: You did? who was talking?

Daniel: You guys!...mom and dad!

He cracks me up...

No comments: