Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I need some oranges and greens...





There is a great pattern for a "t-shirt" rug in a book I got for christmas, called Alterknits. I got so excited, that at the possibilites of making something new out of some old t-shirts. So I started cutting away, making some yarn out of Brandon's old shirts, and all of my maternity ones. But I am not really liking the color combos I have so far...So if you have and interesting colored shirts send them my way...especialy any bright orange or green ones...more reds too. So in the mean time The boys are enjoying playing with these homemade...surprisingly bouncy balls.




So I thought you might like to see me latest thirfting find...I was so excited. I have
been on a hunt for a cake stand for a while now, actually I think it's been just a bit over a year now, with no luck. So I was thrilled yes thrilled to find 2! in one day of thrifting in Camden. 2 pounds each, so not bad, and they look really cool stacked on top of each other...yeah! It made my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what???!!!!

you cut up all the old comfy T-shirts?????

mortified

you thrift junkie

Monk Carpentero said...

Yup! They were way to comfy...don't worry, Brandon managed to keep the most hideous, I mean most loved ones.

Anonymous said...

Love those cake stands, cant wait to see the cake!
CAR-CAR