Monday, April 21, 2008

Catch Me If You Can...



Well, we were having our traditional family chill out after church last Sunday when something unexpected happened. We were in Starbucks by Hampstead Heath, what people might call a 'nicer part of town'. Anyway this lady yells, "Stop her she's got that woman's bag!" We then saw this woman running out with a black bag while everyone in the place is looking around to see what's going on and deciding if they're gonna get involved.

Not knowing who's bag it was or what the heck was going on, my legs just obeyed the call to do something, the rest of me just followed. My confused jog towards the door slowed down as it seemed all hope to catch the bag thief was lost.

Then some delayed crime fighting adrenaline kicked me in the butt or something cause I shot off like a rocket to the moon! I caught up to her after a quick turn around the corner. After hearing my steps right behind her she gave up and stopped saying, "Alright , Alright you can have it!"

Hears the kicker...It was my Bag! With my $300 sound recorder in it.

I was speechless. Didn't say a word to her, just grabbed it back and went back into the Starbucks where the all greeted me with loud cheers and a free frappucino's for everyone in the place. Well, not really. But people were glad, but just went back to their papers and important conversations.



"She went that way!", said Jesse.

Daniel was happy to see me back in one piece. Pamela was a bit frazzled, but excited that we weren't victims of a London pick pocket for the 4th time in 4 years...I guess we were due for another round?


Jesse's customised Crib. A good place to count sheep at night.

No comments: